Despite the fact that technology has radically changed the face of music distribution, research indicates that the vast majority of music buyers continue to rely on traditional radio stations to learn about new music.
CDX TRACtion utilizes an innovative song recognition technology to identify the music tracks performed on both major market and secondary market radio stations. Song airplay data is compiled in real-time from actual airplay detections. This airplay data is of great interest to record labels, radio promoters and other music industry leaders who desire an accurate measurement of radio airplay in areas that are not served by traditional radio station monitoring services.
CDX TRACtion provides users with the following benefits:
- Real airplay data, not "reported" airplay data that can be subject to inaccuracies and manipulation at several different levels. Real airplay data allows music artists and labels to focus marketing and promotion efforts on stations, cities and geographic areas where they are truly making an impact so that they can build upon that success.
- Song tracking reports that are sortable, searchable and customizable by date range and preset data filters.
- Radio station detection log reports that are sortable, searchable and customizable by date range and preset data filters.
- The ability to export reports as tab-delimited files or Excel and PDF documents.
- Access to data on all tracks being monitored. Currently, CDX TRACtion monitors hundreds of Country radio stations for all of the radio singles that have been serviced via the CDX digital and disc service since 2012. New tracks are added all the time. Monitoring for new releases is initiated when they are added to the CDX release schedule.